Mahdieh Mohammadkhani the CEO and Founder of Shahnava
Mahdieh Mohammadkhani is a young yet well known female vocalist that has made quite a buzz since her rise to fame in 2012. Her exquisite voice combined with her technique and remarkable stage presence has made her a true star. Her tonal range and ability to sing with her powerful yet velvety voice has made her the all round vocalist for famed composers.
Born in 1986, Tehran, Iran, she began learning music at early ages, by playing the Piano. She began her career as a professional architect, but her love and passion for Iranian music inspired her to learn the art of Iranian Vocals & Radif (Style of Taherzadeh) in 2009 under the guidance of Mr. Gholamreza Rezaie, a distinguished student of Maestro Mohammadreza Shajarian and in 2012, her perseverance enabled her to get accepted into Maestro Shajarian’s masterclasses and allowed her to learn the teachings of the maestro in person.
Over the years she has had the opportunity to work with some of the most proficient and well known Iranian musicians, such as Hamid Motebassem, Hossein Behroozinia, Saeed Farajpouri, Pejman Haddadi, Behnam Samani, Mazda Ansari, Behzad Abdi and Majid Derakhshani, to name a few. Mahdieh has performed as a solo vocalist in numerous European countries, as well as United States, Canada and Australia with various ensembles such as “Mâh”, “Dastân” and “Tar-o-Pood”.
She released her first album “Darya Del” composed and arranged by Majid Derakhshani in 2013, “A Window” composed by Hamid Motebassem in 2015, “In the Cradle of the Moon” composed and arranged by Mazda Ansari in 2016, “Tar-o-Pood” composed by Hamid Motebassem in 2017.
Mahdieh has been teaching Iranian Vocal Techniques over the past two years to many interested women in person and online.
- “Darya Del”, composed and arranged by Majid Derakhshani, released in 2013
- “A Window”, composed by Hamid Motebassem, performed by Dastan Ensemble, released in 2015
- “In the Cradle of the Moon”, composed and arranged by Mazda Ansari, released in 2016
- “Tar-o-Pood”, composed by Hamid Motebassem, released in 2017
- “Khoosh-e Chin” a cover of the famous composition by Maestro Ruhollah Khaleqi, arranged by Majid Derakhshani, performed by Mâh Ensemble in 2013
- “Az Kafam Raha” a cover of the composition by Aref Qazvini, arranged by Majid Derakhshani in 2013, performed by Mâh Ensemble in 2013
- “Man Tarabam”, composed by Majid Derakhshani & performed by Mâh Ensemble in 2013
- “Shourideh”, composed by Majid Derakhshani & performed by Mâh Ensemble in 2013
- “To Ra Ey Kohan Boom o Bar Doost Daram”, composed by Behzad Abdi, performed by the National Symphony Orchestra of Ukraine, Vladimir Sirenko in 2014
- “Nowruz Khosh Amad”, composed by Hossein Behroozinia in 2018
- “Homeland in Silence”, composed by Hossein Behroozinia & performed by Rohâb Ensemble in 2018